Skills: Maintenance Technician, MWD / LWD, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
MWD Maintenance Technician- Expected to be able to perform repair and preventative maintenance on down hole Measurement While Drilling(MWD) tools
- Test, repair and maintain MWD tools using various tool, including oscilloscopes, digital micrometers, digital volt and ohm meters, hand tools, vacuum gauges, pressure gauges, feeler gauges and torque wrenches
- Receive MWD tools and equipment returning from field operations
- Document all repair and maintenance performed on each MWD tool
- Preform data collection from each tool including hours down hole, temperature, shock, vibration and external wear and tear
- Record and document maintenance cycles for each tool
- Disassemble and re-assemble tools
- Advise Lead MWD Maintenance Technician of any problems with tools or failures to meet specifications
- Maintain clean and organized work area and attend to miscellaneous shop duties
- Possible travel to client job sites
- Comply and participate with HSE standards and maintain a safe, clean and organized work area
- Comply and participate in QA process and standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- 1-2 years' experience as an MWD Maintenance Trainee or equivalent industry experience
- Clean Driving record and valid driver's license
- Position may require to be on call
GPS International LLC provides an innovative approach toward technical services, workforce solutions and business management services to multiple industries. GPS is dedicated to safety, customer service and the quality of the people we provide. We have built a team that is service oriented and focused on continual growth and improvement. We have refined our business processes to go above and beyond the expectations of our clients by standing firm on the Core Values of GPS. Our values are:
We believe in demonstrating the highest moral and ethical principals in our work, which illustrates our credibility to both clients and consultants alike. Reaching a standard of excellence as a company and as individuals.
We strive to always form unique business principles to further satisfy and create opportunities from our internal and external clients’. By thinking outside the box and trying new ways we can accomplish our goals.
By putting forth our Clients’ and Consultants’ best interests first we can work on achieving the highest standard of performance and supplying top notch talent.
We believe honesty, diligence and reliability are the basis of our company. Words and deeds match up; We are who are no matter who we are with.
We have a great respect for giving. we give in our time and our profits to the community and non-profits organizations year round. We bring our beliefs to the workplace whenever possible by creating opportunities for us to impact the community and the world we live in.