Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Estimating, Site Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 9 Months
We are looking for 7-10 year people
Cost estimators collect and analyze data in order to estimate the cost related to labor, equipment, direct and indirect components required for the execution of a specific job.
- Written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English is a plus.
- Prior Estimating and/or Cost Controls experience within the Oil and Gas industry preferred.
- Prior experience as a Field Engineer or part of a project execution team preferred.
- 7-10 years of estimating experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferably in SURF and T&I projects, EPCI experience a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall coordination, development and submittal of MDR's commercial proposals.
- The Principal Cost Estimator prepares the "Estimate Plan" prior to commencing and the "Basis of Estimate" document upon completion of the estimate. In addition, the professional provides guidance, direction and specialized assistance for the resolution of complex estimating problems in accordance with the company's procedures.
- Provides guidance and direction to the Project Management team.
- Provides the project management team with Project Schedule input data from the estimate
- Preparation and reviews process.
- Organizes and supervises assigned staff as appropriate.
- Plans and works pro-actively with the other functional departments to identify priorities and expedites estimate input data to achieve the planned completion date and quality.
- Combines inputs from functional departments into a total estimate. Completes management review forms as well as executive bid summary cost templates.
- Reviews material takeoffs for mathematical and technical consistency.
- Reviews contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and scope changes.
- Obtains early phase quotes for materials and services and assigns these costs within the estimate.
- Develops labor cost rates and productivity ratios.
- Participate in risk assessment meetings and runs Monte Carlo risk analysis
- Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data and construction procedures and methods to maintain current estimating standards and databases.
- Develops and presents relevant cost background information.
- Participates in client presentations and negotiations as required.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Finance, Business, etc