Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Seeking Senior Safety representative for assignment to a land or offshore based drilling rig or production platform, where there is a potential for an anticipated release of Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) gas, during the course of drilling and/or production operations. Ability to install H2S Detection Systems and Air Breathing Safety Equipment and are required to man the facility and provide 24 hour coverage of operating and maintaining these systems. The H2S Technician is also responsible for training ALL rig and service personnel on H2S Awareness. Operation of Safety Equipment, and Emergency Response Procedures. Willing and able to perform same job function on international projects is a plus.
- Familiarize and remain cognizant of all drilling activities which could produce and H2S release; ie., well kicks, bottoms up circulation, coring operations, well testing/logging, abnormal well conditions, etc...
- Perform all equipment installation, operational checks, and system calibrations.
- Check H2S Detection System and perform H2S calibration checks once every 24 hour period and every 12 hours once H2S has been detected. Recalibrate sensors and record that sensor checks and calibrations were conducted.
- Maintain daily contact with the Company Man, reporting status of equipment readiness, maintenance performed, and drills or training completed that day.
- Conduct H2S Awareness and Safety Equipment Training for all new personnel arriving on the rig.
- Insure all 5 minute and/or 30 minute SCBA's are functional and fully charged.
- Insure that all Cascade Air Banks are charged, on-line, and capable or recharging SCBA's. Check system for air leaks. Insure operability of both Electric and Diesel Air Compressors.
- If needed provide continuous monitoring with H2S Mini Check Monitors and/or Detector Tubes.
- Maintain communication with the Mud Engineer to insure that Sulfide analysis is being performed on the mud flow-line.
- Maintain a running inventory of location and availability of all Safety Equipment and keep equipment clean.
- Be prepared to assess the presence of H2S and SO2 if the Gas Flare is ignited.
- Complete Daily Report Logs entries on each day's activities.
- Conduct weekly H2S Drills
- Perform visual and/or functional checks of all SCBA Units, O2 Resuscitators, and clean and sanitize respirator masks as needed. Insure units are properly stored for emergency donning access.