Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
JOB PURPOSE: The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance, refurbishments, and general repairs on oilfield service equipment and diesel engine heavy trucks.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work closely with other maintenance team members to perform maintenance and general repairs on truck mounted oilfield service equipment, hydraulic components, and heavy trucks.
· Responsible for refurbishment, assessable, disassembly, and modification of oil field service equipment.
· Work to pre-define procedures in line with established work practices.
· Completes equipment inspections in accordance with engineering drawings.
· Tests and assembles oilfield equipment.
· Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
· Must adhere to compliance with HS&E procedures.
· Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
· All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up-to to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· 2-year Technical Degree/Certification required (Automotive, Mechanical, Diesel, etc.)
· 1-3 years' relative experience repairing heavy-duty equipment and hydraulic systems (school/training experience accepted).
· Ability to work a 15 day on, 6 days off schedule with the likelihood of being on call
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work unsupervised occasionally
· Must be able to have reliable transportation to and from home base
· Must be able to have own set of basic hand tools to perform assigned tasks
· Ability to work as part of a team and possess a strong sense of teamwork
· Strong recognition of problem solving diagnostic skills
· Highly safety conscious
· Detail oriented and excellent communication skills
· Highly motivated and a strong desire to learn
· Ability to read and interpret hydraulic/electrical/pneumatic/process flow schematics
· Relevant experience with MTU, Cummins, and Caterpillar diesel engines
· Relevant experience with high pressure pumps (Gardner-Denver/SPM/FMC)
· Experience with diagnosing electronic components/controls
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Since Byron Jackson started a legacy in 1872, BJ Services has been known for superior and timely service. While many things have changed over the decades, clients valuing repeatable performance and highly dependable teams has not. BJ has a strategic focus on perfecting pressure pumping and cementation services within North America.
Proudly operating 2.1 million hydraulic horse-power and 240 cementers, BJ Services maintains a strategic footprint throughout North America to serve our customers in targeted basins. With reliability as a core value, driving our teams and operations, BJ Services is built by leaders with a passionate commitment to excellence ready to provide predictable, repeatable quality services.