Other Skills: Valid Class 1 Driver’s license
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Grande Prairie, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive pay (salary plus job bonus) and great benefits
· Training and advancement opportunities
· Rotational schedule (schedule is 15 days on and 6 days off)
· Northern Living Allowance
Grande Prairie, AB
· Leads the planning and execution of high profile / complex job treatment programs; delegates responsibilities and provides instruction and direction on job operating procedures to all field crew members.
· Partners with Service Coordinator-Fracturing and District Managers to plan the logistics of the job.
· Ensures field staff members arrive to job on time and correct equipment / materials are ready for job.
· Conducts pre-job operating procedures and safety meetings with field crew; reviews treatment program with customer prior to starting job.
· Instructs field crew of rig-in specifications; may assist in rigging operations as needed.
· Ensures treatment is running correctly and efficiently; monitors equipment and operations.
· Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues; develops contingency plans; provides guidance to lower level supervisors on how to resolve routine and non-routine operating issues.
· Builds customer relations and provides superior customer service and technical support to client.
· Follows-up with external and internal customers to ensure job was executed to expectations
· Monitors performance of all field crew members and advises Service Coordinator-Fracturing and District Manager on performance related issues; may conduct disciplinary action meetings with field personnel as needed.
· Provides a strong leadership presence at the job site and in the district office; mentors and provides training to field crew members at all levels; creates a team environment.
· Ensures all field personnel paperwork (fuel reports, log books, job tickets, post job treatment reports, Transport of Dangerous Goods reports, quarterly inspection reports, etc) is completely and accurately filled out, audited, and approved.
· Responsible for driving and operating heavy and complex Fracturing trucks and equipment (i.e. Hydration Unit, Blender, etc) as needed.
· Maintains truck and equipment to BJ Services standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
· Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre-and post-trip
· Promotes BJ Services Safety Standards always: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
· Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately.
· Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
· All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· 5+ years of senior level fracturing experience
· Valid Class 1 Driver's license
· Must undergo criminal background investigation
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Since Byron Jackson started a legacy in 1872, BJ Services has been known for superior and timely service. While many things have changed over the decades, clients valuing repeatable performance and highly dependable teams has not. BJ has a strategic focus on perfecting pressure pumping and cementation services within North America.
Proudly operating 2.1 million hydraulic horse-power and 240 cementers, BJ Services maintains a strategic footprint throughout North America to serve our customers in targeted basins. With reliability as a core value, driving our teams and operations, BJ Services is built by leaders with a passionate commitment to excellence ready to provide predictable, repeatable quality services.