Other Skills: Valid Class 1 Driver’s license
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Red Deer, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive pay (salary plus job bonus) and great benefits
· Training and advancement opportunities
· Rotational schedule (schedule is 15 days on and 6 days off)
· Northern Living Allowance
The primary objective of the Fracturing Equipment Operator-Horse Power is to drive the HP Truck to pre-determined fracturing lease sites and to operate the HP pumper at rates and pressures proscribed by the Supervisor, Data Van Operator or Crew Cabber.
Red Deer, AB
· Performs pre/post trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment;
· Prepares HP Truck for the fracturing job;
· Loads product onto the truck, if needed, such as methanol, fluids and oil;
· Drives the HP Truck to the lease site;
· Rigs in the HP Pump using two man lifts and/or mechanical lifts;
· Rigs in iron to the wellhead using man lifts and/or mechanical lifts;
· Ensures that pump is tight and that the sampler catcher is on;
· Hooks up remote box and checks function;
· Ensures that all pins, ladders and hoses are secure;
· Checks over pump head;
· Washes unit;
· Disconnects batteries;
· Conducts post trip maintenance to pump;
· Performs basic vehicle maintenance and ensures that truck is referred to a mechanic when necessary;
· Completes log book and other paperwork;
· Assists with Rigging In and Rigging Out
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· 1+ year of hands-on oil field experience
· Valid Class 1 Driver's license
· Must undergo criminal background investigation
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Since Byron Jackson started a legacy in 1872, BJ Services has been known for superior and timely service. While many things have changed over the decades, clients valuing repeatable performance and highly dependable teams has not. BJ has a strategic focus on perfecting pressure pumping and cementation services within North America.
Proudly operating 2.1 million hydraulic horse-power and 240 cementers, BJ Services maintains a strategic footprint throughout North America to serve our customers in targeted basins. With reliability as a core value, driving our teams and operations, BJ Services is built by leaders with a passionate commitment to excellence ready to provide predictable, repeatable quality services.