Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Clairmont, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Heavy Duty Mechanic
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Diagnose and repair equipment in a timely and effective manner
· Assist in mentoring apprentices and new employees
· Ensure that all paperwork is completed both accurately and on time
· Verify repairs and ensure they are completed and documented
· Remote field work may be required
· Must attend all pre job meetings and attend safety meetings when required
· Conducts mechanical inspections.
· May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment.
· Review procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy.
· Analyze and interpret data from tests and troubleshoot equipment problems
· Analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems
· Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment compliance with HS&E policies and procedures. Handles special projects as assigned
· Other duties not specified as designated by company leadership
· Certified Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (3rd and 4th year Apprentices may be considered)
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
· Knowledge of hydraulic circuits and ability to troubleshoot faults.
· Proficient in the use of hand tools, diagnostic tool and other basic instruments.
· Basic level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex technical problems
· Computer skills.
· Relevant industry experience is an asset;
· Effective interpersonal skills (spoken and written communication);
· Highly motivated with excellent communication skills and the ability to lead by example;
· Certified to complete CVIP inspections would be considered an asset
· Excellent teamwork and team building skills;
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Since Byron Jackson started a legacy in 1872, BJ Services has been known for superior and timely service. While many things have changed over the decades, clients valuing repeatable performance and highly dependable teams has not. BJ has a strategic focus on perfecting pressure pumping and cementation services within North America.
Proudly operating 2.1 million hydraulic horse-power and 240 cementers, BJ Services maintains a strategic footprint throughout North America to serve our customers in targeted basins. With reliability as a core value, driving our teams and operations, BJ Services is built by leaders with a passionate commitment to excellence ready to provide predictable, repeatable quality services.