Edison, NJ, US
Edison, NJ, US
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: I&E Jouneyman, electrical Journeyman, PLC, instrumentation technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edison, NJ, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The E&I Maintenance Technician / Electrician is responsible, during his or her shift, to maintain safety and operational readiness of mill facilities through planned, preventive and emergent maintenance, with a primary emphasis on electrical systems, working in a multi-craft, team-based approach with Day Maintenance and Operations management and technicians. This is a contract to hire position with a chemical plant owner, located in Edison, NJ.
· Work from prints, diagrams, schematics, specifications, instructions, operations manuals, and manufacturer's manuals and specifications, to perform scheduled and emergency repairs
· Install, Maintain, Inspect, and Troubleshoot & Repair: Process control instrumentation, working with transmitters, valves, power connections, motor wiring, replacing/pulling electrical conductors through conduit and seal tight.
· Must be able to work with electrical components rated up to 480V.
· Running conduit from 1/2" to 3", pulling wire, run cable tray, install electrical panel and junction box, running instrument tubing 1/4" to 1".
· Variable Frequency Drives for low- and medium-voltage equipment; Configure and troubleshoot using local interface and communication software; Programmable Logic Controllers, including communication software; perform programming tasks as assigned.
· Safely use tools appropriate to a given task (voltage-rated and standard hand tools; power tools; electrical testing and monitoring equipment; fabrication equipment); assure quality of work through use of precision calibration equipment and procedures.
· Safely use material-handling equipment (chain falls; chokers; forklifts; mobile and house crane).
· Estimate required tools and materials for assigned tasks; communicate requirements to ensure parts, supplies, etc. are on hand for task.
· Take direction from work order system & complete work, including required paperwork/data entry.
· Conduct thorough shift change, including updates on work order status to affected personnel.
· Support operations technicians in handling sheet breaks or other interruptions to production.
· Provide training to other technicians in areas of expertise.
· Assigned housekeeping responsibilities.
· Actively participate in mill safety programs; comply with all mill safety regulations.
· Undertake multi-craft tasks as assigned.
· Work overtime as requested to support scheduled shutdowns or urgent mill repairs.
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within Safety, Quality, and Cost & Production.
· A minimum education high school diploma/GED and 5+ years' journeyman-level electrician experience with demonstrated competence in an industrial environment; drives and PLC's experience (experience in oil refinery, chemical plant, power plant I&C; or food processing plant (batch, not packaging) is preferred. Commercial/residential/construction exp. is not a good fit.
· Must have a thorough understanding of and compliance with codes and OSHA regulations, including arc flash, LO/TO, fall protection, hot work, job hazard analysis, etc.
· Considers safety first, for self and others, in every task and situation.
· Self-motivated, goal-directed team player with trouble-shooting/continuous improvement skills.
· Must be competent in light mechanical work required to support production needs.
· Must be capable of safely lifting 50 pounds; climbing flights of stairs, ladders, working at heights and navigating narrow walkways; using radio and phone to communicate; using computer equipment/iPad; hand tools and precision equipment, willing to perform work in the elements.
· Must be willing and able to work 8 hour day shift with overtime as needed.
· NCCER certification preferred, but not required.
· TWIC Card is required.