Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to set up and operate a water jet machine. Must understand, operate, and maintain the water jet machine including any support equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks. Position also requires completing documentation properly and housekeeping of the area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Locate and load/ unload work piece onto machine table manually or with overhead crane
- Load program onto control
- Start/stop machine operation, monitor production to ensure quality, make adjustments as necessary
- Complete in-process inspection and document as per procedure
- Complete all paperwork neatly and accurately
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Communicate with supervisor, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and helping to resolve machining or quality issues
- Use personal safety equipment
- Other general machine operation tasks assigned by supervisor
- Other duties as required
- Ability to obtain internal certification to operate a forklift and overhead crane
- Basic computer skills
- Prior experience in an industrial shop
- Prior experience or training in plate cutting equipment, such as a waterjet, plasma or oxy fuel, a plus.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership