Skills: Mechanic, Workshop
Other Skills: yard, equipment, supervisor, asset management, asset integrity, shipping and receiving
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Technician, Equipment & Yard reports to the Equipment & Yard Supervisor (EYS) or the Regional Maintenance Manager (RMM) and is responsible for assisting in yard maintenance, shipping and receiving in the yard, inventory processing for the yard and of tubular goods and processing Equipment and Asset Management (EAM) transactions for the region. Non-technical duties will include routine house cleaning of the yard and shop spaces and equipment, cleaning equipment, moving equipment around the yard and participating in various meetings, trainings and development activities.
- Operate yard equipment within Company's specified guidelines
- Maintain clean and orderly appearance of yard
- Maintain all equipment stored in the yard to ensure proper status or availability
- Conduct minor operator level maintenance tasks
- Maintain control and knowledge of all items (equipment, etc.) leaving, holding and arriving at the yard
- Goods Receipt (GR) of all items (equipment, parts, etc.) arriving in yard
- Assist with the Rig and Yard Inventory Process
- Assist in inventory of tubular goods for region
- Assist in Parts Inventory Process
- Process all material and equipment transfers within the region using a Field Mobility System (FMS)
- Create, process, and complete maintenance work orders and assist others in the organization with similar tasks using FMS
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to safely navigate drilling rig work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal rig operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Ability to travel to visit drilling rig work sites and support business units; occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
- Limited to moderate use of a variety of hand and power tools to demonstrate a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- One (1) year of work stable related work history working facility, shop or warehouse environment
- Must have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and be eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company's Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant oilfield environment (farming, mining, construction, military, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in warehousing and inventory management
- Knowledge and experience with drilling tubulars
- General maintenance experience on heavy machinery and equipment
This position requires the person to work in both office locations and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Technician will be occasionally exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the drilling operations and rigs are located. The Technician must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties.
Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.’s subsidiaries provide onshore contract drilling and pressure pumping services to exploration and production companies in North America. These subsidiaries include Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc., Universal Well Services, Inc., and Patterson-UTI Management Services, LLC.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.