Skills: IT - Software Development, Stimulation , Workshop
Other Skills: Developer Software
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As a Front-end web developer you will be responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our web based AGV solutions. Working in a multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet the customer specifications and work within their site constraints. Given that we have global customers you are willing to travel and stay abroad for several weeks at a time. You are responsible for the successful installation at the customer site.
Essential Duties and Qualifications
· Responsible for implementing, developing, testing and installing web based software systems;
· Generate modern and eye pleasing designs;
· Troubleshooting and fixing software issues;
· Writing requirements, detailed design documentation, and test cases;
· Providing support for field issues;
· Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency;
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Reports to Software Manager, OASYS
· Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Web Design or Information Technology or equivalent work experience;
· Minimum 5 years of experience in writing web based applications;
· Experience with building modular designs
· Experience with Angular, D3 and Bootstrap
· Experience with test frameworks such as Karma and Protractor
· Experience with testing web based systems
· Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. German is a plus;
· Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code;
· Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
· Customer focused attitude;
· Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation;
· Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment;
· Experience with Docker;
· Experience with programming in Java;
· Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate;
· Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira.
· Experience with versions control systems, preferably Subversion and Git.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.