Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer orchestrates continuous delivery and maintenance of software in a 24x7x365 environment. As part of the Schlumberger Technology Organization, the engineer will share responsibility for the success of SaaS solutions provided by Schlumberger for internal and external use. The position reports to the Project Manager.
Successful DevOps Engineers are pro-active, self-motivated with a good combination of technical and personal skills. They can work in a fast-paced environment as a part of a diverse development team. They have a good understanding of cloud technologies, IT and security, and have strong scripting and coding skills. They are also skilled communicators who can work with the development team, IT, and clients to maximize the quality of Schlumberger’s SaaS products.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Works with the engineering team to identify and execute continuous delivery plan
- Automates the continuous delivery pipeline
- Provisions and administers virtual machines and containers
- Ensures consistency of deployment environment
- Works with the IT organization to ensure compliance with security standards
- Develops strategies for testing and validating the health and security of the hosting environment
- Evaluates, deploys and configures build, deployment, monitoring and auditing tools
- Troubleshoots deployment and infrastructure issues
- Minimizes, and where possible, prevents system outages
- Assists in documentation of procedures for deployment and support of the software
- Follows industry standards and keeps current on technology advances
- Assists in cost estimates
- Engages in knowledge-sharing activities
- Supervises and mentors junior engineers
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in DevOps experience
- Prior dev ops experience in Cloud environments (Google preferred) understands how to architect for scalability, high performance, hig availablity, disaster recovery, etc.
- Strong scripting and coding skills, prior experience with scripting for automation
- Linux system administraction (Windows sysadmin skils are a plus)
- Understanding of web and cloud security
- Experience with web services deployment
- Experience with container technologies
- Experience with source control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience with build and deploy tools (Jenkins is a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Adapatable self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.