Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Cloud Software Architect. Cloud Software Architect drives the current and future technical solution across a range of Cloud-based applications, solutions and technologies that contribute to a common set of business objectives. Cloud Software Architect owns and communicates the architectural vision of the product or solution with which he/she is involved and provides guidance and context to the products under his/her supervision.Cloud Software Architect also leads the design, implementation and maintenance of current and future Cloud solutions demonstrating service-oriented architecture and secure applications development technology best practices. He/She works with managers and technical teams in a cross-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet business goals. He/She keeps up-to date on latest Cloud solutions to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges. This responsibility will often lie within a business organization but may extend across a set of business domains that are using the same underlying software, IT or product technologies.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- The Cloud Software Architect will often be a full time position, and is usually not a role taken by developers. Nonetheless, the Cloud Software Architect could still participate in implementation-oriented tasks if desired. The Cloud Software Architect:
- Ensures appropriate consistency of workflows, systems and solutions architecture across multiple projects, as appropriate
- Participates in defining the vision and technology roadmap for a specific business domain or multiple business domains as well as guides and participates in the execution of this roadmap
- Participates in all major architecture and design decisions that affect the systems produced in the business domains
- Interfaces with architects on related systems to ensure the system architecture fits within the overall product roadmaps, and define interfaces for information exchange with other systems/software
- Coordinates design and integrity among system elements as they are being developed, recognize when interface impacts might occur and taking early action to avoid problems
- Generates the highest level of system requirements, based on stakeholder needs, technology roadmap and other constraints such as cost and schedule
- Coordinates, develops and mentors technical teams
- Actively participates in intellectual property (protection of and compliance with) decisions
- Author/co-authors technical papers
- Is a model Schlumberger citizen, promoting safe work procedures in all aspects of the job while maintaining a safe work environment, and promoting compliance with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System, and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/Msc/PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in Cloud Software Architect
- Expertise in modern cloud solution architecture, design, development
- Experience with Cloud technology, preferably Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Guru software engineer, with experience or familiarity with server/client side JS, Angular, Go, Java, Scala.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and technical troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of concurrency, scalability, security, fault tolerant designs and reactive messaging patterns
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design practices
- Knowledge of modern architectural patterns
- Solid knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Solid knowledge of application development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment and relevant toolsets
- Experience with testing strategies (unit, service, e2e) and corresponding frameworks
- Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas with peers
- Ability to mentor team members
- Willingness to share expertise internally and externally
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.