Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Cloud Software Engineer. Software engineer for cloud and/or data development is responsible for designing and implementing systems and services leveraging public clouds. Strong understanding in security related to development and deployment is highly desirable. This position reports to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based services & applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Create robust production quality applications & develop prototypes quickly.
- Author documentation, reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations for purposes of training, knowledge and sharing purposes.
- Ability to follow the general development practices & techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement..
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promote usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- Gathering insights from MVPs (Minimum Viable Products) to help drive technology and product development.
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies. Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Master’s / PhD degree in science or engineering
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Cloud Software Engineer role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud technology.
- Programming experience with public clouds and their PaaS offerings such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS.
- Experience with Microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing.
- Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation.
- Programming languages such as: Java or C# (required), C or C++ (preferred).
- Familiarity with Big Data ecosystems.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.