Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Front End Web Developer. The Front End Web Developer works with product design teams to understand end user requirements. Develops and maintains new or improved software products and techniques. Self-motivated engineer with a good combination of technical and interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Project Manager.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Work with business group to understand use cases and map to screens and components
- Designs re-usable web components.
- Builds prototypes, products, and systems for testing.
- Designs testing procedures, documents test results, and develops client presentations.
- Develops test strategies to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Evaluates Web engineering approaches and risks and makes improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Master’s / PhD degree in science or engineering
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Front End Web Developer role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud technology.
- Experience in Visualization (charts (D3, Highcharts etc), spatio-temporal / GIS)
- Experience in maintanability and testing.
- Experience with performance tunning( monitoring, load testing, caching, etc.) and security.
- 5 Experience in web application architecture development ( dynamic component composition, data navigation and business processes)
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.