Channelview, TX, US
Channelview, TX, US
Skills: Reliability Engineer
Other Skills: electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, refinery reliability, integrity, maintenance
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Channelview, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Reliability Specialist is responsible for providing performing advanced complex assignments, which require the application of engineering education, training or experience under the close supervision of a Professional Engineer. This is a contract position with a chemical plant owner in the Houston area.
· Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
· Works with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
· Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems.
· Inspect equipment for compliance with requirements.
· May interface with construction crews during construction phase to provide and receive input relative to accuracy of drawings, coordination of shutdowns and to expedite the timely and efficient completion of the project.
· Keeps supervisor informed of progress.
· Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
· Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
· Troubleshoot chronic issues and develop action plans to minimize impact on equipment availability.
· Assist in development and utilization of key reliability metrics to consistently measure performance.
· Provide long-range planning for the facility and equipment needs, including capital and major repairs.
· Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· In depth experience in maintenance and reliability, including loss elimination, risk management, and life cycle asset management.
· Proficiency in root cause analysis and root cause failure analysis, Proficiency in failure reporting, analysis and corrective action systems.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
· Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
· Must be cognizant of the capabilities and limitations of various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment to effectively direct their use for diverse engineering assignments.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical preferred or equivalent relevant industry work experience.
· 10+ years of maintenance and engineering experience preferred.