Channelview, TX, US
Channelview, TX, US
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
Other Skills: refinery reliability, ASME, API,
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Channelview, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer is responsible for leading the evaluation and implementation of strategic reliability improvements that support improved reliability and optimized total cost of ownership. This position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
· Develops and/or approves stationary equipment repair plans, rerates, and modifications related to expense and capital projects in their area.
· Performs fitness for service evaluations per API, ASME or applicable industry guidelines/standards, including level 1 & 2 evaluations per API-579.
· Utilizes tools within the MI program, including RAT (bundle retube analysis tool), RvIFT (relief valve interval tool).
· Provide technical support to both operations and maintenance.
· Work closely with Unit Inspector(s) to troubleshoot stationary equipment issues and review Inspection & Testing Plans for piping / equipment repairs or new installations.
· Reviews requests for installation of Leak Repair Devices, such as bolted engineered enclosures, composite wraps, valves body injections, etc.
· Leads the development of technical assessment packages for hot taps, stopples, line freezes, welding on live equipment, etc.
· May be required to review the design of furnaces, boilers, heaters, flares, burners, refractory, insulation, high temperature materials, tanks, exchangers, vessels and piping.
· Lead in informal incident investigations and root cause failure analysis.
· Must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
· This position requires a B. S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 5-9 years of work experience in the refining/petrochemical industry.
· Must have a proven proficiency in stationary equipment fabrication standards (ASME), inspection codes (API, NBIC), and recommended practices.
· Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization and consensus building.