Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is the petroleum retail market leader in Malaysia, catering to one-third of Peninsular Malaysia and half of Sabah and Sarawak’s market requirements. We employ 6,500 people in Malaysia. We seek a long-term presence in Malaysia and invest heavily in our employees. Our industry-leading development career programme attests to that. Your ideas will travel at Shell, and your drive and commitment will be rewarded. Our commercial gas-to-liquids plant in Bintulu, our refinery in Port Dickson and our Projects and Technology office in Kuala Lumpur, that offers projects and business solutions, offer a great variety of jobs.
- To manage End-To-End Process (Initiation to Front End Engineering Design Phase to Execution Phase to Handover) for approved MOC (plant changes) upon registration including its execution during R&M and PTA2019 window and fully hold accountable for coordination & timely delivery of followings :
- Detailed engineering designs
- Approved for Construction (AFC) documents
- Cost estimate provision and coordination of approval with PTA2019 Manager
- Procurement of construction materials including timely delivery of materials
- Planning & Scheduling for construction including development of execution plans (JMS, JHA, ITP,
- SIMOP, Construction Procedures/Protocols & etc.)
- Execution/Construction of field activities in accordance with targeted timeline & milestones
- Provide supports to operation during commissioning & start-up upon mechanical completion
- Compilation of as-built documents (i.e. PEFS, Isometric drawings, BOM, GA drawings of Equipment, process Narrative Control, Safeguarding Narratives, Operation Variable Table & etc.) including updating to plant master engineering documents
- Accountable for delivery of typical mandatory documents upload into SAP-ME Work Process
- Operational and engineering training plan
- Deliver PTA2019’s plant changes & projects in accordance with agreed PTA KPIs (HSSE, Quality, Cost and schedule).
- Attend the daily coordination meeting to update work and handover status
- Register additional work required via the Discovery Work Request, as deemed required
- Close coordination with engineering assurance team to assure appropriate company & international standards and, DEP’s mandatory requirements are applied in design to achieve required reliability and integrity. Ensure the necessary witness holdpoints are signed-off by Engineering Assurance team.
- Ensure that plant changes & projects are implemented as planned, within approved budget and delivered to the
- operation at required quality.
- Ensure that all necessary operational and maintenance documents are delivered as part of the handover to
- operations and training needs are indicated.
- Monitor progress at all stages of execution and issue regular updates and reports. Revise plan where necessary to achieve targeted completion milestones. Besides, forecast project expenditure and obtained approval if additional funds is required.
- Coordination for implementation of minor projects from Project Department (ME1) during PTA window which include managing the integration of interface scopes between minor projects & shutdown maintenance activities and scheduling
- Minimum Bachelor Degree : Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in oil & gas industry related projects with thorough knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards, local engineering standards and DEPs.
- Preferably GPES Project Engineer Level 1 (Assessed)
- Familiarity with applicable industrial codes of BS/ASME/API would be advantages.
- Familiarity with the SMDS procurement/services sourcing and payment process.
- Knowledge on Oxygen and Wax cleanliness requirements
- Proven experience in successful delivery of mid to large sized integrated gas handling and processing facilities, including project management of project phases from Front End Engineering Design through start-up and handover to operations.
- Ability to think laterally for problem solving in the field.
- Good communication skills and ability to drive change by championing improvement initiatives
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video