Department: Business Support
- Ensure a well-functioning system for Competency Management is in place, maintained and followed up to ensure that all offshore personnel employed on our client's vessels (and key onshore roles where defined) are assessed and found competent to perform all tasks in their role/function/position.
- The role is principally onshore based but will require offshore site visits as required
During the project phase:
- Assist with all aspects of the development and roll out of the client's Competency Management System project
- Reports to the Project Manager during the project phase
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all activities, for which he/she is responsible, are carried out in conformance with relevant laws, regulations and our client's management system principals, in particular all aspects related to health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment
- Follow up the development and review of the Competency Management System (CMS).
- Custodian of records of competence according to legislative requirements, review and update competence portfolios.
- Provide training and guidance to the organization in CMS.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and improvements on the development of competence assessment and assurance, based on industry development, standards and feedback from internal and external parties.
- Promote and validate consistency in process and practice across the company, give advice and support across fleet.
- Effective management of competency communications internally and externally with relevant stakeholders to ensure awareness of any changes or improvements to the CMS that may affect standards, roles, equipment, processes, regulatory requirements, and/or work practices.
- Give input to and follow up competence targets - monthly, quarterly and annual
- Supervise all competency frameworks
- Support Assessors and carry out Assessments and Internal verification activities
- Regular review and update of all Competence Modules to ensure they are valid for all relevant offshore plant, equipment, documents and procedures
- Prepare and issue Competence Reports
- Support employees undertaking Assessor and Verifier qualifications
- Follow up and give CMS support as required to all assets
- Assist in and production and distribution of e-learning
- If required participate as a member of the onshore emergency response organisation
- Relevant education and/or experience within related areas, preferably from the Oil & Gas/Maritime industry
- Excellent ability to co-operate with managers across the organisation.
- High degree of efficiency, flexibility and accuracy.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good networking skills
- Assessor L&D9DI or equivalent
- Internal Verifier L&D11 or equivalent