Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £500 - £600 per day + Net rate and Living Allowance
Location: Malaysia, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, an oil & gas operating company, require a Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment) to be based in Malaysia during the engineering phase before later moving to the construction site.
The Piping and Static Equip Site Engineer will be part of a site team, managing the EPC execution work for the new Process Module and you will be responsible for all piping and static mechanical equipment, components and materials, Including piping, vessels and valves.
This role will take on the broader design and fabrication work within the discipline, not only Piping Design. The incumbent will cover the full scope including design, fabrication and installation at the yard.
Required skills and experience:
* The ideal candidate is a seasoned engineer with solid experience within engineering, project execution, commissioning and field start-ups with yard and fabrication experience
* Extensive experience in Upstream Offshore Oil & Gas Projects & Facilities - design, project execution and commissioning with a strong understanding of technical safety systems, project management systems, quality and technical integrity, change management, dispensation management.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Piping and Static equipment design, including fabrication and, commissioning experience.
* Proven knowledge of and thorough understanding of piping design in connection with large scale offshore projects.
* Experience of conducting FAT at manufacture sites.
* Additional working knowledgewithin one area or more such as valves, , pressure vessels and other related pressure equipment.
* Extensive experience working with Piping and static mechanical layout in a Greenfield environment within the oil and gas industry.
* Intimate knowledge of international oil and gas industry design standards; strong preference will be given to candidates who have solid experience working with European Codes and Standards.
* Ability to challenge and improve best practices on new offshore facilities.
* Team player with excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
* Good communications skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a Net daily rate and living allowance package.
To apply or for further information, please submit CV applications.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
People are our business worldwide
Orion Group are one of the world's largest Engineering Recruitment Specialists. With over 22 years experience Orion are market leaders in the field of International oil & gas recruitment, with regional offices in all the worlds major oil centres, including Houston, Aberdeen, Singapore, Alaska and Kazakhstan. Orion currently has around 4000 contractors working worldwide with 8 offices in the UK and 19 internationally.
Orion work with some of the world's largest companies providing manpower solutions for both contract and permanent positions. The group operates within the following industry sectors: Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Construction, Aerospace, Rail, Mining, IT & Telecoms and Office & Commercial.
In 2009 Orion were awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category