Reports to: UK Regional HSEQ & Compliance Team Lead
Coordinate work and be the UK Region's focal point related to natural environment. Provide support on a range of environmental issues to a variety of internal and external stakeholders. This support will be provided in both onshore and offshore locations and includes giving information and advice to the implementation of environmental regulations covering the Region as well as contribute to the sharing of "best practice" and transfer of experience within the Region and the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in conformance with laws and regulations, contractual requirements and our client's Management System.
* Ensure that relevant environmental permit and consent applications or variations are prepared, submitted to the regulator and followed up (as appropriate).
* Compile and distribute or submit relevant environmental data including environmental returns to EEMS, environmental statistics for weekly/monthly meetings, annual atmospheric sheets, waste returns, chemical returns etc.
* Build positive relationships with BEIS inspectors/managers and other environmental regulators.
* Ensure that any BEIS inspections/investigations are closed out to the satisfaction of the regulator.
* Carry out or assist with offshore/onshore environmental audits/inspections, compile reports and ensure that actions are followed up as appropriate.
* Be Lead Auditor in conducting internal (offshore, onshore, projects) and external audits.
* Carry out or assist with incident investigations related to spillages of oil/chemicals or gas releases, compile reports and ensure that actions are followed up as appropriate.
* Participate in and provide expert advice in relation to environmental risk assessments.
* Ensure that relevant environmental issues are identified and communicated to appropriate personnel or groups.
* Advise on proactive environmental activities on- and offshore to ensure high awareness and continuous improvement in environmental performance.
* Provide offshore environmental support (as required) and develop effective relationships with offshore personnel at all levels.
* Assist in promoting the company's work within natural environment, sustainability and corporate social responsibility. This covers, e.g., follow up campaigns, cooperation with relevant operating companies, authorities and industry organizations.
* Carry out QA checks on new or updated relevant procedures issued for use.
* Ensure that the Region complies with the ISO 14001 certification.
* Cooperate closely and align with Company Environmental "Profession Lead"
* Assist in the preparation of the annual Sustainability Report.
* Support oil companies and join authority inspections or audits when relevant and required.
* Monitor trends within the natural environment area within the region.
* Contribute to continuous improvement in environmental performance based on Company statistics and trends.
* Participate in investigations on- and offshore when needed.
* Contribute to development and maintenance of HSE programs, procedures, initiatives, awareness campaigns, videos, HSE-handbooks and general HSE information material.
* Participate in FEED and project work as Environment resource as needed.
* Assist project department within issues related to natural environment, sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility.
* Attend and contribute to relevant team, departmental and company meetings
* Furthermore, carry out such work as has been required by the superior.
* Environmental degree or equivalent
* Significant amount of Fteework experience.
* Excellent working knowledge of Shelf State environmental legislation.
* Excellent communication, organizational, facilitation and cooperation skills.
* Auditing or inspection experience and/or qualifications.
* Strong team player who is also capable of producing quality work on an individual basis.
* Incident investigation experience.