Lafayette, LA, US
Lafayette, LA, US
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep
Other Skills: Work-over, Construction, P&A, Completions and Pipeline (Land based)
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
25 Year Old Safety Services Company is seeking Field Safety Officers to work on offshore (GOM) and land based locations (Mainly West & South Texas).
The Site Safety Officer is primarily responsible for providing HSE support to specific drilling, production, work-over activities, construction and pipeline projects. In addition they are responsible for coaching, encouraging, teaching and training employees in safe and environmentally responsible work practices. They are the HSE leader on location who works closely with the Company Representative, Operators, Rig Manager and Superintendent to ensure and encourage daily safe work practices. The Safety Officer also retains a high knowledge of Contractor's HSE policies, processes and procedures.
- At least 2 years of experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Demonstrate commitment to Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and core HSE processes (Behavior-based Safety, JSA's, PTW, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry, Lock-out / Tag-out, Dropped Object Prevention, etc...).
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly with management, supervisors and field personnel to coordinate safe work on location.
- A demonstrated willingness to enforce HSE standards, guidelines and written procedures in a civil and respectful manner and gain commitment from others.
- Must be committed to HSE excellence in the execution operations
- Must be able to lead and clearly conduct safety meetings and discussions.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability of creating and reviewing Job Safety Analysis (JSA's).
- Must be able to review and audit various permits to work.
- Must have PC application skills, including spreadsheet and word processing products for incident reporting and analysis of HSE events.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills (Bilingual/Spanish speaking is needed for some locations).
- Competitive compensation
- Company Benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental