Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To ensure compliance with tax legislation for geographical areas of responsibility as per their tax rules and regulations. Ensure timely completion of any required documentation for full compliance. Liaise and build relationships with colleagues within area of responsibility to ensure the effective gathering of information to facilitate the completion of the correct tax documentation.
Key Activities and Accountabilities:
- Strong understanding of Tax Legislation and GST Law.
- Assist the tax function in its related activities relating to their operations in the various locations.
- Ensure completion of quarterly tax report and analysis.
- Responsible for tax reporting requirements including quarterly/yearly forecast tax provision and deferred tax calculations.
- Use the Company systems (e.g. SAP, Excel, Microsoft and TM1) to assess possible tax exposure cost and ensuring best practices are actioned and ensuring compliance.
- Input into the budgeting and forecasting process in relation to tax exposure for the business within area of responsibility.
- Transfer price calculation and compliance.
- Liaise with internal departments and tax function internally and externally as and when required to ensure all aspects of tax reporting and compliance are continuously reviewed in line with changes within the tax legislation. Company or business activity to action an improvement of processes or change of processes.
- To carry out any ad-hoc assignment where required i.e. tax research and recommendation of tax strategies.
- Work with external consultants on tax related matters.
- Able to work independently.
- Actively comply with all applicable Expro Company policies including Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Promote HSE awareness; take responsibility and be accountable for own safety and safety of others. Demonstrate the personal application of HSE procedures in daily performance and always follow the 10 Safety House Rules.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting / Finance discipline or equivalent.
- Qualified accountant.
- Extensive experience in audit and tax field.
- Big 4 experience an added advantage.
- Result-oriented and able to work under pressure with strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills; effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and management.
- Pro-active, self- motivated and desire to acquire knowledge.
- An industry background in tax or audit, professional services or Oil and Gas will be prioritised