We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Responsible for supporting the GST/VAT compliance, process improvement and planning for Halliburton across the Asia Pacific region. The Asia Pacific region is one of the international markets for Halliburton and offers significant growth opportunity both for the business and the appropriate candidate:
With the anticipated plan to consolidate the indirect tax function across Asia Pacific region, the role, for immediate start, represents an unparalleled opportunity for a highly motivated individual to support the business towards full compliance. This will entail laying a proper foundation in the stages from implementation to preparing/reviewing accurate indirect tax returns and developing strategies to optimise the cost base and cashflow of the business as the candidate grows hopefully into a managerial position.
- To become familiar with the Halliburton business in order that GST/VAT planning & compliance is undertaken with a sound knowledge of the commercial environment;
- Provide expert advice and guidance on GST/VAT matters in Asia Pacific as well as ensuring Halliburton is up to date on changes in GST/VAT legislation;
- To develop strong relationships with and provide excellent service to internal customers, including the Finance and Operations teams;
- Continuously review and monitor the adequacy of systems, procedures and other relevant records to ensure compliance with GST/VAT Regulations;
- Responsible for compliance and timely filing of monthly / quarterly / annual GST/VAT returns in Asia Pacific countries;
- Maintain VAT records on a contemporaneous basis, including GST/VAT reconciliations and new registrations;
- Responsible for reconciliation of input and output taxes;
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process;
- Management of tax audits by the Local Tax Authority; gathering and providing requested documentation such as invoices, agreements, import documentation etc to support input/output taxes declared;
- Maintain relationships with external tax advisers;
- Maintain relationships with Government Agencies and other Regional Industry / GST/VAT working groups and bodies;
- Ensure that GST/VAT compliance matters are properly handled and opportunities are capitalized/ risks mitigated;
- Periodic review of internal controls and processes governing GST/VAT; recommending changes with a view to maintaining control over computation and reporting requirements for compliance purposes;
- Providing ad-hoc support to Asia Pacific Regional Tax Manager, Tax Director and the business regarding any GST/VAT accounting and system-derived issues, namely collecting relevant information to support legal positions regarding input/output taxes, standard rated vs zero-rated/exempt items;
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Requires an undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field and 5 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and competency.
Applicable professional certification preferred. Excellent personal communications skills and ability to work in team environment a must
- Approx. 5 years’ working experience at a Big 4 firm
- Experience in GST/VAT-developed jurisdictions such as Singapore, Malaysia, or Australia.
- Outgoing & confident personality and the ability to deal with, and present to, management within the business, Taxation Authorities & external advisors.
- Strong accounting and tax technical skills.
- Recognized accounting qualification/ tax qualification such as ACCA, CTA, etc.
- IT skills
- Strong personal awareness and ability to develop relationships and provide a good service.
The ideal candidate will have approx. 5 years’ practical working experience in a GST/VAT environment (for instance in Malaysia/Singapore or SEA countries, experience in other jurisdictions may be an advantage) at a Big 4 firm, be ACCA/ CTA qualified and have GST/VAT compliance experience.
Working knowledge of SAP would be helpful and a firm foundation in accounting would be critical in order to undertake the role.
S/he must be sufficiently confident to manage the responsibilities set out under limited supervision & control, should be self-motivated and results-focused.
Estimated 30% travel requirement across the Asia Pacific region e.g. internal meetings, meeting advisors or governmental bodies, attending conferences and so on.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lvl 10, 199 Jalan Tun Razak,-Kuala Lumpur,-Kuala Lumpur,-50400, Malaysia
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Job Family:-Support Services-
Product Service Line:-Finance--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton is ranked Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more more here: http://www.rigzone.com/idealemployer