Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Aberdeen based client is looking for a Contracts Engineer to help support commercial activities and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the Leadership Team on specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long term company strategy
• Responsible for all activities commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals
• Liaise with Business Development/ Project Manager-Tendering as required to take receipt of tender documentation
• Review and acknowledge Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation, distribute to relevant departments and hold internal review meetings as per the tender process
• Liaise with Proposal Coordinator to set up and maintain a tender folder (electronic and hard copy) utilising standard contents list from receipt to execution
• Compile and manage all pre and post tender Client clarifications in relation to the tender submission with the assistance of the Project Manager-Tendering
• Collate, prepare and chair all required internal meetings in accordance with the tendering process
• Collate, review, distribute and manage subcontract ITT's and negotiate the best commercial value with lowest risk for inclusion in the tender submission including interfacing with other departments to develop scopes
• Compile and manage all pricing documentation and any other associated documentation required in line with the tendering process
• Liaise with other departments to ensure all documentation required is contained within the tender submission
• Highlight any major commercial, contractual or financial risks or issues relating to the tender submission within the Risk and Opportunity Register document and work with the relevant personnel to ensure optimum solution
• Compile and manage all commercial and contractual qualifications for the tender submission and review all technical qualifications
• Assist the Proposals Coordinator with the compilation of the tender document
• Provide all commercial and contractual advice to the management team including historical data to assist with the pricing strategy of the tender
• Attend and participate in Client negotiation meetings as/if required and prepare and distribute minutes accordingly
• Review, execute and distribute all contractual documentation as required including obtaining all necessary approvals in line with the authorisation matrix and Company process
• Assist with facilitating any project bonds, guarantees and insurances required by main contract
• Ad-hoc duties as deemed required by the Senior Contracts Engineer and Project Manager-Tendering
• Ensure proper handover of all tender documents between from Tendering to Operations project team in the event of Contract Award
• Highlight any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant Commercial/Project Managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution
• Assist Company with project cost analysis to support improvements in estimating and business improvements in project teams
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these
Triton Energy Solutions focuses on delivering permanent and contractor recruitment to the Energy, Marine and Defence sectors. With 12 years recruitment and search experience, Triton’s Managing Director believes in bringing the Human Element back into recruitment, ensuring candidates are communicated with from initial contact through to closure with the upmost respect and honesty.
Bringing back the human element ensures our clients get the highest quality of service. We aim to work in partnership, as an extension of your business, discussing your requirements with our candidates in significant detail making sure they are fully briefed on your business and vacancy.