Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Location: Aberdeen
Peterson recruitment are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager for one of our prestigious external clients. Our client, a market leader in the manufacturing and repair of valves have developed close relationships with some of the world's leading manufacturers. Continuing to grow our client has doubled in size in the last 2 years despite the turbulent market conditions.
Directly Reports to: General Manager Valves
The resident Engineering manager will serve as an on-location focal point for all engineering matters. Working alongside Sales Manager, Contract manager & HSEQ Manager
Cost effectively manage the engineering function in support of the Valve business lines, to meet customer and company specifications
Directly Supervises the management of 6 people
Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
· Ensure all time allocated correctly to key jobs
· Develop and maintain team to be motivated and efficient
· Ensure the office has all the necessary facilities
· Work to all relevant standards in delivery of engineering
· To develop concept valve designs in accordance with Industry Standards into working production
· Compiling and reviewing design inputs and functional requirements
· Designing detailed components
· Develop internal valve procedures, processes and standards for the valve organization.
· Support the valve management business in the creation of valve datasheets for client owned equipment.
· Support the valve repair business by providing guidance on the safe repair of client owned equipment.
· Ongoing liaison and project reporting to clients
· Preparation of detailed engineering reports (FEED submissions, Work packs etc)
· Supervise the design, procurement, and manufacture of unit designs
· Supervise the testing of unit designs
· Assist other department personnel in ongoing manufacture and maintenance projects as required.
· Undertake customer and vendor visits in support of specific projects or business development as and when required.
· Gap analysis
· Consolidating tenders / work orders
· Piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID)
· Carrying out RCA's (Risk Control Assessments)
· Client meetings on and off site
· Reviewing employees competency's
· Compliance of onshore and offshore workers
· Reviewing why a valve may have failed
Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
· Engineering degree
· 5 + years experience in a similar role• Demonstrable experience in managing a multi-discipline engineering team
· Demonstrable experience in the commercial aspects of engineering projects
· Effective Leadership skills
· Good Quality Control
· Good understanding of documentation and storage requirements
· Good understanding of Mechanical engineering principles
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.