Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Document Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Summary of Position:
The Associate Engineer supports the engineering department in the production of technical drawings for design and modification for all Rowan Drilling UK rigs and projects. Illustrates systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes or verbal instruction. The Associate Engineer is responsible for applying controls to asset documentation and tracking receipt and distribution of documentation to the fleet, for the filing of documentation sent in from assigned rigs and for the set up and control of documentation in the technical library. In addition will help ensure that company operating and cost effectiveness are obtained, quality and safety standards are achieved, and customer delivery deadlines are met.
Duties & Responsibilities (shall include but not be limited to):
- Perform duties while supporting company mission, vision, and values.
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or specifications
- Use corporate drawing standards as guidelines
- Perform additional related duties as requested/required
- Creation and maintenance of parts and bill of materials
- Develop and maintain competence
- Promote team building, support and relieve fellow colleagues during lengthy project schedules
- Understand area of responsibilities, knowledge of procedures and required processes for handling technical documentation.
- Provide formal and informal communication with Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, and the Document Control team
- Responsible for the Engineering and Maintenance and oversight of the technical library, which includes the processing of received documentation from vendors, rigs and other originators and archiving obsolete documentation
- Perform Electronic Rig Library (ERL) filing for assigned rigs complying with Engineering procedures on filing technical documentation and Document Control process for filing HSEO documentation
- Responsible for controlling the distribution of documentation to vendors i.e. ABS, DNV, UK HSE
- Provide support where necessary to the Document Control group
- Responsible for the archival of records that are no longer required onsite (office or rig) in to an approved records repository including validating the inventory for complete metadata and records classifications
- Provide support on Legal Holds and Records Destruction as required
- Produce 2D and 3D design and modifications drawings for Rowan Companies Plc rigs
- Produce and revise drawings based on work requests from Rowan Drilling (UK) Ltd
- Produce graphics, presentations and posters for Rowan Drilling (UK) Ltd
- Maintain library of assets drawings
- Review procedures as required
- Provide project planning support
- Carry out audits and surveys offshore
- Assist as required in supporting Rowan Drilling offices overseas
- Manage change effectively
- Be knowledgeable of social, cultural, and environmental implications of Engineering practice and activities
- Continuously look for and suggest ways to improve the process
- High attention to detail and results
- Provide technical input to tender documents
- Perform emergency responsibilities as per emergency procedures
- Actively participate in office based safety programs
- Promote and maintain health and safety across projects, teams and business
Qualifications / Skills & Experience / Reporting:
- Engineering or Design Degree qualification.
- Graduate Engineer or previous experience as an engineer within an Oil and Gas Company.
- Evidence of managing engineering documents following ISO 9001 and company procedures.
- Ability to communicate engineering solution to all levels of office and offshore personnel.
- Strong IT Skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD and SAP.
- Previous experience producing reports on cost benefit analysis and root cause analysis and project budgets.
- Operational Knowledge of codes, standards and regulations relating to the Maritime and Oil and Gas Industries.