Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £11 - £15 per hour
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator are currently seeking a Technical Assistant to join their team on an initial 3 month contract. This position will require a background in Engineering or in the Physical Sciences and will require expert Excel skills.
The client is offering an immediate start for the right candidate.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- To complete the build and testing of the Production Surveillance portal for the Catcher area development.
- The portal is a key part of the overall asset management and is being built using the P2 Explorer web enabled software, which is similar to Process book, using data from a PI historian and SQL databases.
- These surveillance screens are a mixture of trends and static pages with various KPI calculations, all of which are in development but need to be completed and populated with the correct data tags.
- A high level of numeracy and computer literacy is required as KPI calculations are similar to those performed with formulae in Excel.
- Similarly, as the screens are highly graphical, good attention to visual detail is required to ensure the functionality of the system is delivered, while working to a defined drawing standard.
- While training will be provided along with IT support the candidate will need to be able to work mostly unsupervised, problem solving and on their own initiative under the guidance of an engineer who has designed the system architecture.
- Previous experience of production portals; Process book or Aspen One etc would be an advantage, along with PowerPoint and Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and reputable business. Please don't miss out, apply online today.