Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes. May design and implement reservoir and/or wellbore fluid treatment and placement applications. May apply advanced fluid mechanics theory and develop designs and models for the characterization of fluids and flow modeling. May develop and implement advanced reservoir engineering techniques in areas of production decline analysis, well test analysis, fluid flow in porous media, and production simulation. May perform numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation and model development on complex projects utilizing existing commercial software and may develop new modeling software. May design and perform complex specialized tests and simulations including design and construction of modeling apparatus and data acquisition systems. May lead the development and testing of products by providing engineering functions and may provide field support for existing products. Prepares detailed project plans and as project manager is accountable for performance of projects according to plan. Resolves technical/operational questions and/or negotiates with representatives of other organizations and may be considered a subject matter expert in a technical field. Job role contributes directly to value creation. Skills are typically acquired through completion of an MSC or PhD degree in Engineering, Science, or similar discipline and a minimum of 7 years related experience.
· Demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes.
· May design and implement reservoir and/or wellbore fluid treatment and placement monitoring applications.
· May apply advanced fluid mechanics theory and develop designs and models for, flow modeling, solids transport, viscoelasticity, and friction.
· May develop and implement advanced reservoir engineering techniques in areas of production decline analysis, well test analysis, fluid flow in porous media, and production simulation.
· May perform numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation and model development on complex projects utilizing existing commercial software and may develop new modeling software.
· May design and perform complex specialized tests and simulations including design and construction of modeling apparatus and data acquisition systems.
· May lead the development and testing of software products by providing engineering functions and may provide field support for existing software products.
· Prepares detailed project plans and as project manager is accountable for performance of projects according to plan.
· Resolves technical/operational questions and/or negotiates with representatives of other organizations and may be considered a subject matter expert in a technical field.
· Prepares technical training materials and makes technical presentations as called upon to facilitate technology transfer.
· Provides technical guidance to technicians, engineers, or users and is consulted for engineering interpretations and advice.
· Incorporates HSE awareness, regulations, best practices, product/process reliability and quality into the development of products and processes.
· Demonstrates innovation by contributing inventions, patents, or new designs/techniques which are regarded as advances in the field.
· Participates in and contributes to professional societies through technical papers, officer positions, committee memberships, etc.
- Design and develop reservoir monitoring systems based on fiber optic sensing principles, micro-seismic, micro-deformation and other technologies.
- Design and develop test fixtures, flow loops, test environments for verification of reservoir monitoring technologies, field trials
Scope of Job:
· Job role may have budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
· MSc or PhD in Engineering, Physics, Science, or similar relevant discipline
· Minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Experience with fiber optic sensing systems used for downhole fiber optic monitoring. Technologies include Rayleigh/Raman/Brillouin based distributed sensing systems, FBG/Fabry-Perot based point sensors, intrinsic/extrinsic sensing concepts, wavelength/phase/intensity based sensing concepts.
- Knowledge and operation of Distributed Temperature Sensing, Distributed Acoustic Sensing and Distributed Strain Sensing systems.
- Knowledge of data interpretation techniques used for reservoir monitoring,
- Full product/project based experience from initial concept to transition in manufacturing and field operations.
- Experience with industry committees, committee member, chair/co-chair, review of trade journals
- Published papers in peer-reviewed journals, filed patents, internal formal reports
- Oil field knowledge and field experience
- Project Management, team leadership, management of direct reports
- Six Sigma training, DFX, DOE, FMEA, VAVE, Value Stream Mapping.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- If you don’t have all the skills now, you will certainly have it after a few years in this job…
Autonomy of Job:
· Under broad direction: supervision received is usually centered around job results or methodologies used such as problem solving approaches, establishing broad parameters for projects, work organization, progress reports, etc.
Leadership & Initiative of Job:
· Involves a great deal of organizing, work prioritization and related skills, and/or a great deal of peer interface necessary to properly complete tasks via teamwork.
- The position may include technical leadership in select Subject Matter Expertize (SME) areas.
- The position may include or evolve to include functional leadership of teams, single discipline or multi-discipline teams.
- The position may include or evolve to include project management responsibilities as technical lead, and in some cases project and/or program management as it relates to new product introduction stage gate product development processes.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Product Service Line:-Production Enhancement--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.