Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Moccasin, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Network Administrator to assist in analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include servers, PCs, LANS, WANs. Fabrics, storage arrays, and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone or platform.
Must be willing to relocate for the work week to the Moccasin, CA area (about 45 minutes from Yosemite / Hetch Hetchy and about 2.5 hours from Bay Area / Sacramento / Fresno) - Daily per diem rates apply for travel and lodging.
- Provides day-to-day operational support for server, storage or network infrastructures
- Builds, patches, tests (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deploys systems and platforms meeting clients’ needs and specifications
- Plans and implements changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance
- Performs storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations
- Performs software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing
- Configures security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals
- Provides technical support (help desk) to users by troubleshooting problems related to network or platform performance
- Documents procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems / networks software and hardware
- Configures, monitors, and maintains office and / or production software, adjunct support and / or utility software, i.e. Virus malware protection, office application suites and / or application software
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years of experience analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing and / or maintaining the components of an enterprise network
- Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field
Windows and / or Linux system administration, Cisco and / or Juniper networking and VMware experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.