Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Software Engineer Internship located in Aberdeen through 2nd February 2018.
Get to know Chevron by participating in our Software Engineering Internship Program. You’ll work in a stimulating and collaborative environment where you’ll gain coding experience working for a technically advanced global Organisation. You’ll work within a diverse team of Data Science, IT and Engineering professionals using leading edge systems and tools to create innovative solutions.
Who we are looking for
- Chevron Software Engineering internship candidates should be pursuing or have recently graduated with a Master’s degree in Software Programming, Computational Engineering, Computer Science or Electronics.
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering, Computing or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Experience or interest in designing software and writing code. Python, R, Java Script, SQL, C++, C.
- Strong team players who have excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to establish collaborative relationships to plan, facilitate and develop advanced analytics solutions for the business.
- Self-motivated and inquisitive, listens carefully and asks questions to understand the views of others.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be part of a growing team establishing and utilizing data analytics to grow business value.
- Work in a team environment where you’ll collaborate to identify opportunities to develop and apply algorithms, advanced analytics and modelling to derive business insights and improve decision making.
- Being exposed to different perspectives you will; identify requirements, develop, design, code, test and integrate with hardware to solve business challenges.
- Continue to grow your skills in areas such as coding, scripting, modelling, data engineering and AI.
- Create high quality code, document and retain under configuration management, communicating progress updates to your supervisor.
- Support a diverse range of internal customers with database development, systems monitoring and configuration management
- Your task will involve working closely with Data Science and Analytics specialists to gain unique insights into challenges faced by our business.
- Be exposed to a variety of Upstream Engineering teams working with a large data sets from a variety of sources to code visualizations to support business decisions.
- Gain a better understanding of our business and industry.
- Learn more about our people and our culture.
- We welcome international applications, but please note that we’re unable to offer sponsorship for work permits once you’ve graduated. As this role is an entry role to an analyst role you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK to be eligible to apply.
The start date for this role will be in Summer 2018 and the tenure of the internship will be up to 12 months.