Carlsbad, NM, US
Carlsbad, NM, US
Skills: Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, NM, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Maintain service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
- Routine maintenance includes but is not limited to changing or replacing motor oil and filters, belts, hoses, wiper blades, power steering fluid, and air filters, brake pads and motor vehicle air conditioning (MVAC) units. This also includes inspection of lighting, safety equipment, inspection of tires, brakes (including adjustment) and DOT mandated items such as fire extinguishers, road flares, and warning triangles.
- Maintain the motor pool/garage area in a neat, uncluttered and orderly condition
- Add oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant and other fluids, as necessary
- Change oil, oil filter, transmission fluid and filter, coolant, air filter, belts, hoses. brake pads and spark plugs on a regular basis as dictated by manufacturer guidance/usage rates
- Provide appropriate size drip pans and absorbent for leaking vehicles awaiting repair; ensure spill kits (for petroleum products, acids, etc.) are available for use and that contractor personnel are trained on proper spill containment and cleanup (i.e. motor pool and auto shop personnel)
- Inspect brakes and perform brake replacement/adjustments/repairs, (e.g. top off/replace brake fluid, replace pads, have rotors turned, etc.). Additionally, brake inspection/service will be performed on a monthly basis for all vehicles.
- Inspect tires for tread wear and replace, or have tires replaced, as determined necessary and check air pressure and fill as needed
- Perform maintenance on all winches attached to vehicles
- Conduct emissions checks in accordance with the automotive maintenance schedule
- Replace windshield wipers, light bulbs, fuses, generators, alternators, batteries and belts and mufflers/exhaust systems components in accordance with the automotive maintenance schedule, or when necessary
- Subsequent to maintenance and/or repair training vehicles are to be cleaned, washed, and vacuumed prior to return to fleet.
- Generate orders for replenishment tires and batteries
- At least 3 years of experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- Ford Certified Required (Or able to obtain certification or re-certify once employed)
- ASE Certification(s) Recommended
- Welding Experience/Certification a PLUS!
- Expertise in tools, minor equipment, and supplies (oil, air/oil/transmission filters, belts, hoses, antifreeze/coolant, windshield fluid, transmission fluid, brake fluid, spark plugs, asbestos free brake pads, etc.) to provide motor pool operations
3S O&M Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S O&M Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S O&M Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.