Skills: Design Engineer, Physicist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ringwood, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Expro: Acoustics Technical Specialist
Full Time Permanent Position
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Expro Wireless Well Solutions (WWS) has the vision to be world leaders in down-hole wireless communications. The global business unit, based in Ringwood, Hampshire, carries out a variety of Research and Development activities to enhance the company's product range. The Acoustics Technical Specialist role is to provide analytical support for WWS research and operational activities in a safe, professional, efficient and cost effective manner
- To comply with Expro's Health, Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- To develop understanding of performance of WWS products by finite element analysis, using COMSOL or other modelling software, and testing to provide data for design optimisation
- To carry out design analysis and performance assessment of acoustic transducer concepts
- To carry out performance assessment of communications' channels used for downhole wireless communication
- To carry out performance prediction WWS products for commercial operations by analytical and finite element modelling
- To correlate performance predictions with results from development tests and field operations to enable continuous improvement of modelling output.
- To attend design reviews and other project meetings as required.
- To carry out internal or external (contractual) studies as directed by Line Manager
- To carry out any other tasks as may be reasonably requested by Line Manager
Job Knowledge and Experience:
- BSc or MPhys degree in Physics or related subject
- Previous experience in Finite Element modelling (COMSOL Multiphysics, Acoustics and AC/DC Modules desirable).
- Experience of acoustic transducer design and modelling
- Previous experience in use of MATLAB or Mathcad.