Lead Analyst, Benefits LOCATION:
Houston, TX NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, an energy company focusing on LNG is looking to hire a Lead Analyst, Benefits on a direct hire basis based in the Houston, TX. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Administer the employee health, welfare and retirement plans in compliance with plan documents, all applicable regulations and vendor service agreements. Develop and administer procedures in alignment with system capabilities and company policies for administration of company benefit programs.
- Administer the company's wellness program, including working with outside vendors, internal resources on program initiatives.
- Counsel and partner with business leaders, HR leaders and HR staff on all benefits matters.
- Develop tool to monitor financial tracking of all benefit plans. Analyze health plans to evaluate cost drivers and monitor financial metrics. Based on results, recommend changes to policies and programs to align benefit strategies with the company's business model and to stay competitive in the market.
- Coordinate and lead the implementation of benefit plan design changes, including working with outside consultants and vendors on plan renewals, documenting new plan provisions and procedures, integrating with payroll, educating
- Human Resources Business Partners, updating and presenting employee benefits communications, and helping lead the annual enrollment process.
- Keep abreast of all potential and existing regulations and legislation to ensure employee benefits programs are administered appropriately. Ensure appropriate controls are in place to audit and review processing of employee benefit transactions and those procedures and processes are modified as necessary to address issues.
- Responsible for the benefit plan audits, working with external auditors and the preparation and filing of the Form 5500.
- Directs development of employee communication materials regarding benefits programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures with supervision of the benefits manager.
- Serves as benefits SME in inter-departmental (e.g., HR, Legal, Finance) projects and processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline is required. CEBS and/or SPHR designation is strongly preferred.
- Eight or more years of hands-on experience in benefits administration, strategy/design and compliance, ideally operating in a multi-divisional environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen, solid organizational and multi-tasking skills, and superb technical skills in benefits and HR Systems, coupled with exceptional quantitative and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated success as project manager, effectively balancing multiple priorities and regularly exercising judgement on matters of significance.
- With limited guidance, responsible for working on unique and complex assignments/projects
- Independently determines methods and procedures on new assignments, providing technical guidance to others as appropriate.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.