Tulsa, OK, US
Tulsa, OK, US
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tulsa, OK, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, applies skills to implementing leading edge technologies and enhancing the Technical Software Development process.
- Mentors less senior developers and provides Technical Excellence Leadership.
- Understands the business or function for which the application is designed.
- May direct and monitor the work of other programming personnel across large scale development projects including involvement in design and milestone reviews. Incumbent is able to operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex design projects.
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas and products in the engineering organization and guides their implementation to a final product.
- Provides technical direction in area of specialty on major products.
- Works on designs that span several groups or affect hardware decisions. Job role contributes to value creation.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience. Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
835 W 41st St South,-Tulsa,-Oklahoma,-74104, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Job Family:-Information Technology-
Product Service Line:-Artificial Lift--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton is ranked Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more more here: http://www.rigzone.com/idealemployer