Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary role of the Service Technician is to operate, test and maintain all equipment including any subsea products. This will be required both onshore and offshore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform pre and post job testing on all equipment. Load and unload gang boxes and work vans.
- Disassemble, inspect, maintain, repair and reassemble all equipment. Troubleshoot, identify and replace defective parts and components on all equipment.
- Apply lubricants to machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings including motors and pumps.
- Clean and remove dirt, grease, waste material and pressure washes all equipment.
- Clean work area, tools and equipment and perform other routine duties associated with day to day operations and equipment upkeep.
- Instruct other technicians in job setup, de-mob and pre-and post-job testing of all equipment as per Lead Technician or Shop Foreman direction.
- Assist with all technical data for job such as drawings and changes to drawings as required for job.
- Provide support on subsea products and assists in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of these products.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is involved with job.
- Maintain credentials and complete required training on-line in Learning Management System.
- Assist shipping and receiving in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- May attend pre- and post- job meetings with Project Managers and Clients with or in place of Lead Technician.
- May directly interface with client on job issues and problems if Lead Technician is not available and maintain professionalism.
- Valid passport, TWIC card, and the ability to obtain foreign work visas.
- Willingness to work offshore and overseas for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of subsea tree control and water/glycol hydraulic control systems.
- Industrial offshore experience in subsea installation of trees, manifolds and umbilical’s.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.