Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated assets or site - ensuring that Plant and equipment is certified in accordance withOceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislasation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in Risk Based Assessment (RBA), Risk Based Inspection (RBI)preparation and reviews as directed by discipline engineer.
- Assist in the development of detailed plans, programs, and work scopes for annual corrosion and integrity monitoring etc.
- Assist in the preparation of work packs..
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client library/documentation.
- Assist in reviewing/ processing of inspection reports, and anomaly reports (e.g. inspection queries, remedial work orders etc)
- Responsible for population of project inspection data including corrosion monitoring information into relevant computerized maintenance management systems(CMMS) and/or ACET (or similar data base system).
- Assist with the development, maintenance and input of project registerssuch as deadleg register, action tracking registers and inspection workpack registers
- Duplication of bullet 5Assist with the preparation and coordination of reports for the overall project performance management/integrity data against contractual KPIs eg overdue reports, weekly performance reports, monthly KPI reports etc
- Assist in the preparation of Cost Time Resource (CTR's), equipment/personnel requisitions and budgetary reports etc.
- Carry out Offshore/ Onshore site inspections or survey trip to support onshore activities.
- Assist with other duties
- Undertake specific projects
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably
practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems .
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and
practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports Directly to US Project Manager
- The project Manager and Integrity Engineerwill also define the day-to-day work for this position
- Performance will be measured by theProject Manager with input from the UK PrincipalInspection Engineerand US Integrity Engineer
- BSc or greater in an engineering discipline - preferably Mechanical engineering qualification or working towards qualification
- NDT Certification for core techniques
- API/ASME Plant Inspection level 1
- API 510 and API 570 certification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience related to the job description
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes standard, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Good knowledge of NDE systems and techniques
- Ability to work to given deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on PC work stations in particular with Microsoft office products
- Ensures that regular consistent communication and interaction takes place with project team.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.