Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the Mining and Metals industry.
- Prepare piping technical specifications, calculations, reports, design criterion and other documents as required by the project
- Responsible for piping engineering content, discipline design drawings and technical documents within a project
- Produce designs in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and company procedural requirements, project filing system which is maintained and keep up to date in a discipline or project system which all project design personnel utilize
- Input engineering into PFD’s P&ID’s
- Ensure piping design is completed within design man-hour and procurement budgets, produced are optimal in terms of maintainability, serviceability, equipment operating cost and safe operation and engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects
- Provide technical design guidance to Project staff on various aspects of design
- Review piping installation contract tenders and produce technical adjudications / recommendations, review and comment on design documents and drawings from own discipline from own and other disciplines
- Review vendor documentation for compliance with project / study specifications and compare procurement costs against budget and provide feedback to estimating
- Review vendor documentation for compliance with project specifications
- Estimate, control and review design scope changes and provide feedback on the quality, use and value of design systems used in design
- Liaise with client to ensure that design is in accordance with agreed requirements and assist with plant installation and commissioning of piping
- Conduct regular piping engineering / design group meetings within a project context. Liaise with Site construction staff on resolution of piping engineering design issues
- Provide timely reports regarding all discussions held and progress made. Ensure all correspondence are recorded
- Prepare progress reports, including listing achievements and highlighting issues as required
- Work closely with other consultants and other disciplines and Project Managers to ensure that client’s objectives are met in a timely manner. Ensure compliance and take initiative for safety and environmental issues
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge on piping stress packages
- BSc, BEng or B.Tech or National Diploma with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- ECSA registered or eligible for registration
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.