Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Redcar, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood have identified a requirement for the provision of Senior Instrumentation Engineering services for a project based in Darlington for 3 Months. Service providers will have extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Estimate and execute instrument engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems
- Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Maintain the required technical quality or work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary
Skills / Qualifications
- UK Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety / environmental requirements and procedures
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.