Skills: Design Engineer, Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our client's to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to support our engineering department in Houston. The main purpose of the Design Engineer role is to ensure technical integrity through setting best practice and providing the highest level of technical guidance on all Hydraulics Discipline matters. The incumbent will support regional Business Groups and the Product Services Group in ensuring best practice is shared in all global areas of the business and Hydraulics Engineering Projects are delivered to the highest technical and safety standards.
• To assure the safety, legal compliance and quality of Hydraulics engineering deliverables through the implementation and continuous improvement of performance standards, procedures, guidance, training and workforce capability & competence.
• Production, verification and validation of engineering solutions to comply with international codes and standards, relevant to both oil and other industries.
• Compilation/Review/Approval of CTR's, Proposals, Technical Specifications, Work packs and all other associated deliverables required to fully deliver client requested scopes of work from initiation to completion.
• The incumbent is expected to develop and promote the Hydraulics capability of the business through close liaison with Operational Business Managers and the Business Acquisition teams.
• The design engineer will work closely with the Business Groups & Product Services group as required to ensure Hydraulic engineering support requirements are adequately defined and resource, processes and guidelines are in place to facilitate successful execution of deliverables and projects.
• The incumbent should actively assist with the development of Engineering systems and processes.
• To establish and maintain consistent and legally compliant performance standards and technical guidance for the execution of Hydraulics engineering activities.
• To ensure major risks associated with Hydraulics engineering projects are fully understood and effectively mitigated and managed.
• Liaison with sub-contractors, suppliers and business management staff as required.
• Provision of guidance and mentoring to Engineering team members.
• To support and participate in audits of applicable engineering processes and procedures.
• The incumbent must adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative of additional duties to that which they are primarily employed.
• It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with, and follows the company's health, safety, environment and quality management system and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the management systems.
• The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems according to the management system processes/procedures.
• The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health , safety and/or environmental legislation to follow all company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency.
• The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the company premises.
Qualifications and experience
• A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 2 years' experience.
• Hydraulic and Fluid Power industry experience and knowledge
• Experience in structural design
• Display a high degree of computing literacy on engineering design packages
• Good interpersonal skills
• Highly Organised