Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carrizo Springs, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is located in Anadarko's Maverick Midstream Organization as a member of the Midstream Operations Team.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- One year of experience working in oil and gas production operations is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical principles.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of API measurement tank gauging procedures, liquid quality determination
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure
- Knowledge with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of gas chromatography
- Familiarity with mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment used in gas and liquid product measurement and control
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, e-mail, and work processing applications.
- Duties include proving and calibrating meters, maintaining and repairing liquid meters, procuring liquid samples as required; and transporting hazardous and/or non-hazardous materials.
- Install, inspect, test, adjust, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and remove advanced measurement, control and regulation equipment, SCADA and quality equipment
- Detect measurement error and correct volumes as needed and provide supporting documentation
- Monitor gas and liquid product volumes through the measurement system, insure all corrections are applied
- Ability to interpret electrical and electronic schematics pertaining to EFM and measurement electronics
- Perform audits of custody transfer and control data as outlined and in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements in corporate procedures
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed
- Must also be able to assist in the training of other Technicians.
- Work in conjunction with operators to respond to call outs and alarms on gas related equipment (tanks and meters) if necessary.
- Work with measurement/production operations to resolve missing data issues and ensure volumes that impact system balances are updated.
- Required to properly prepare all necessary paperwork and documentation of service performed on a timely basis and submit same to proper office personnel for processing.
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Enter data into production spreadsheets and/or the corporate production database.
- Examine pressure vessels, liquid storage facilities, and other production equipment for integrity.
- Manage operations P&L statements.
- Participate in budget and production forecasts.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
This position is on a 40 hour / week schedule Monday - Friday and may be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
This position covers 24-hour operations and must be available for 24/7 on call.
Candidate must live within an 85 mile driving distance of the field office.
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation