Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: USD50 - USD70 per hour
Location: Port Arthur, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Industrial Hygienist - Refinery
NES Global Talent is hiring an Industrial Hygienist for a leading operator in the Port Arthur area. Located within the refinery, you will spend 50% in the field and the remaining time in the office. Reporting to the SHE's Manager, you will not only create the Industrial Hygienist program for the refinery, you will execute it, so applicants must have experience in both areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops annual Industrial Hygiene (IH) plans for the refinery (with IH Coordinator/Manager)
- Performs and tests IH activities as identified in the annual IH work plans, including but not limited to identification, assessment and control of the refineries health risks
- Provides professional IH support / oversees IH programs and practices throughout the refinery
- Ensures that Industrial Hygiene Field Operation Manual (IHFOM) requirements are implemented
- Observes and follows IHFOM requirements in all phases of service delivery
- Conducts exposure monitoring and sample management based on the IHFOM
- Conducts exposure assessment, database entry and generates reports
- Maintains Industrial Hygiene equipment per the IHFOM
- Maintains IH records/reports per Records Management Guidelines (RMG) requirement
- Develops and conducts IH training programs as and when required
- Provides Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) Health System support
- Participates in the development and local implementation of site specific and global health hazard control programs such as the Global Health Practices (GHPs)
- Supports Emergency Response Team for IH related matters
Please note, all applicants must be certified as an Industrial Hygienist
This is a Temp to Perm assignment that offers full benefits package from joining the company.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.