Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client now have an immediate requirement for an experience d process engineer to join their team on a contract basis, candidates must have previous experience in a similar role to be considered for this position.
The Process Engineer will work as part of a team of Process Engineers to deliver high quality Engineering solutions and changes on UK operated assets and technical support across the business as required. The Process Engineer will be responsible for delivering a number of work scopes for a wide variety of brownfield modifications. The role of Process Engineer will also involve the management and checking of work output from other discipline staff.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Applied Science, and professional registration with IChemE or similar.
- Minimum 5 years broad Process Engineering experience.
- Proven track record with Operator.
- EPC/design experience beneficial but not mandatory.
- Strong project development and execution skills.
- Strong understanding of value and business drivers.
- Originality and ingenuity required for devising practical economic solutions.
- Can lead technical change through all steps of innovation, development, risk management, implementation, training and sustainment.
- Requires leadership abilities to conceive program goals and directions, plan work efforts and establish and motivate an effective team.
- Experience in managing engineering contractors and service providers.
- Strong initiative and orientation towards continuous improvement.
- Highly effective relationship builder at all levels, internally and externally.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work in a flexible team environment and with changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team by effectively handling cultural, political and economic differences.
- Able to identify risks and opportunities and readily takes accountability for providing optimized solutions.
- Responsible engineer for multidisciplinary Engineering scopes to provide effective technical support to the operated assets.
- Exercise authority to group of professionals engaged in complex technical issues.
- Ensure work processes and procedures are fit for purpose and implemented to ensure the team is consistently applying sound engineering principles and work is performed in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Review and evaluate recommendations and actions proposed by others.
- Instruct, guide and train less experienced professionals in development of innovative solutions.
- Works at advanced technical level, participates in planning by providing original approaches to practical and economical solutions.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on Engineering activities that affect more than one department or operated asset
- Plan, organize and carry out special, complex and advanced level studies upon request.
- Responsible for presenting project proposals, conclusions or recommendations to senior management.
- Take course of action necessary to expedite the successful completion of projects.
- Proactively manage relationships with colleagues and engineering contractors