Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Dorchester, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our Clean Energy business that supports clients in the nuclear industry in the UK and Europe.
The Wood Clean Energy business provides specialist engineering, safety case support and project management to our customers’ operations within the Nuclear Sector. We have long term relationships with several major clients in the civil nuclear and defence industries. We have opportunities to work across a variety of nuclear projects at all stages of the project life cycle, from initial planning to end of life decommissioning.
This role will report to: Director, New Nuclear and will be responsible for:
- Staff management, welfare and local development
- Local deployment and achieving local utilisation/chargeable hours targets
- Supporting Framework Directors with growth of existing and new customers and contracts
- Task opportunities & tendering
- Excellence in project execution
- Compliance and consistency
- Local Facilities interface and Building Manager duties
- Line management for large team of technical resources (currently 40+ with active recruitment), predominantly staff with some contract staff. Based in Wood office locations and Customer locations covering project management and a range of technical services disciplines.
- Ensuring deployment and achievement of utilisation/chargeable hours targets.
- Ensuring staff meet performance expectations and receive appropriate training and development; ensuring technical capability is maintained and developed to enable Amec Foster Wheeler to maintain current and develop new business propositions.
- Winning business – specific responsibilities may also be assigned by one or a number of Framework Directors or the Key Account Director in relation to customer relationship building in order to identify and secure opportunities.
- Financial accountability – input to business forecasting and ensuring timely and accurate timesheet and expense submissions. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Director or Framework Directors.
- Delivery – technical/project management oversight in support of the Framework Directors to ensure customer satisfaction by meeting HSSE, Quality, Time and Cost expectations.
- Customer Engagement – specific support the Customers as agreed with Director and Framework Directors.
- Embedded resource management - support the operational management and development of the activities associated with embedded resources including, regularly liaising with the embeds and their client managers.
- HSSSEQ performance measured by: event statistics (LTI and AIFR); High Potential Incidents; audit-identified non-conformances. The Target is Zero.
- Resource capability management and development measured by: staff numbers; recruitment and retention rates; implementation of staff development and staff knowledge transfer plans; staff performance management and review; staff utilisation, Competency Assurance System compliance, capability demand forecasting.
- Financial performance measured against agreed targets: utilisation, chargeable hours, overhead costs.
- Individual accountabilities will be set to reflect the areas of focus and level of support provided to the Framework Directors.
- Drive performance and motivation through effective personal leadership, delegation and communication.
- Provide balanced expectations and objectives that engage, enthuse, inspire and motivate people towards the delivery of business goals.
- Build and sustain strong and lasting internal and external relationships through meeting needs, delivering on promises and resolving issues.
- Act as role model for Wood’s Values.
- Demonstrate collaborative behaviours to in line with both local and wider business objectives.
- Adhere to the Wood Code of Conduct.
- Invest in both your own and others’ development - and proactively seek feedback for yourself and provide it to others.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills.
- Able to connect people and issues and drive a quick response.
Skills / Qualifications
Experience in team and resource management.
Experience in a technical professional services environment.
Experience of a variety of technical and project delivery requirement’s.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.