Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client, based in Aberdeen, is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Company Just Care procedures. The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel within one of our ongoing projects is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Instrument Engineer at Senior grade.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Act in the capacity as Task Lead Engineer when assigned to do so within a project or contract
- Assist in the preparation of CTR's and man-hour estimates via the Company Integrated Management System where applicable
- Provide engineering and technical direction for drawing office personnel
- Coordinate and manage instrument, F&G and Telecommunications system packaged equipment
- Basic knowledge of design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad
- Prepare engineering concepts and develop into detail design
- Carry out manual and computer analysis
- Prepare CTR estimates for instrument scopes
- Familiar with the aspects of HAZOP / HAZID and Functional Safety
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests, and carry out onshore / offshore surveys
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Educated to degree level in engineering discipline preferred. Minimum HNC/HND
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Ability to direct and guide engineers and designers
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Current survival, medical and TUV Rheinland Certified is preferable
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.