Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Waste Management, Well Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: 550 Daily + 25 Per Diem.
Location: Williamsport, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
SGF Global is looking for a Drilling Fluids Specialist to work in Williamsport, PA for a major oilfield service company
Job Description: Provide onsite services to the operator by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review mud program to prepare orders and mixing plans
- Write procedures for mixing mud and handling of products
- Gather chemical or fluid samples for testing
- Test fluids to determine trends and identify contaminants
- Record mud testing results to identify trends
- Interpret data from mud property checks to evaluate treatment or action required
- Determine the cause of mud, hole, or system problems so correct treatment can be recommended
- Determine chemical treatment to optimize drilling parameters
- Advise clients on potential treatments or improvements to the mud system based on data analysis and mud testing
- Make recommendations concerning solids control processes to ensure the equipment is optimized for economic solids removal
- Supervise rig personnel when performing chemical additions and recording drilling fluids parameters
Rotation Schedule: 14 Days ON and 14 Days OFF. Mancamp provided during rotation.
Type of employment: 9 month contract. Contract to hire.
- Min 2 years in similar positions (Drilling fluids or Mud engineer)