Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hull, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
We are currently seeking an experienced Reliability Engineer for an ongoing contract in Kingston-Upon-Hull.
- To deliver optimum performance and continuous improvement in reliability and availability of safety and production critical equipment.
- To provide technical expertise to the client to improve physical asset performance through effective application of appropriate reliability improvement tools and techniques.
- Timely application of reliability expertise to identify causes and solutions to events (real and probable).
- To assist in the development of new or improved enhancement tools and techniques.
- Conducting reliability analysis to identify bad actors and eliminate defects in a systematic and sustainable way, using company data sources.
- Proactively monitor, review and analyse plant and equipment performance to identify opportunities to maximise reliability and availability and also to share best practice across UK operations.
- Conducting Reliability, Availability and Maintainability studies.
- Reviewing and using equipment maintenance and sparing strategies to optimise reliability, availability and spares holdings.
- Leading, assisting and facilitating others in Root Cause Analysis for reliability driven activities.
- Develop tools and techniques to monitor and report on critical asset equipment operating status to improve production efficiency.
- Production of regular reports, reliability data and trends as directed.
- Complete economic analysis in support of proposed reliability improvements.
- Leading, assisting and facilitating others in Failure Mode and Effects Criticality Analysis as required for the critical equipment.
- Review vendor visit reports and recommendations to ensure improvement opportunities are included in the Asset improvement plan.
Experience and Qualifications
Degree (or relevant industry experience) in Mechanical Engineering preferred or discipline specific qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of associated technical/engineering disciplines e.g. instrument and controls, process engineering, integrity management.
- Technical proficiency in IT programmes/systems e.g. MS office suite of applications, CMMS, engineering software.
- Familiar with UK industry regulations relating to the oil and gas industry.
- Effective relationship-builder at all levels, internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability) Modelling and FMECA (Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis).
- Ability to reason complex technical issues independently or with support.
- Able to lead, facilitate and participate in Root Cause Analysis.