Denver, CO, US
Denver, CO, US
Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Xcel Energy is looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst OR Business Intelligence Specialist to be located in Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN. This position is posted as a hierarchy and the successful candidate will be hired at the level that is commensurate with their skills and experience. The successful candidate will support general reporting and development, provide customer assistance with the BusinessObjects BI toolset, & provide support for the SAP Supply Chain and Work Management organizations reporting from SAP BW. The successful candidate needs to have hands on experience and knowledge with the SAP application, SAP BW, BEx Query Development and BusinessObjects toolset. The below job description represents the Sr. Analyst position & the Specialist responsibilities may vary.
Serves as diagnostician and solution provider for data, information and business process-related challenges. Responsible for representing technical expertise in specific data domains and incorporating governance into daily activities. Provides expertise in the integration of data related to business processes. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Teams with other analysts to extract, interpret, and perform advanced analytics.
- Data Investigation and Extraction - Extracts data from operational systems and reporting databases using advanced SQL through a variety of reporting, data mining, and data management tools. Investigates complex table structures to identify data relationships and the location of required data. Validates accuracy of the results. Stratifies results to provide meaningful insights. Optimizes query performance through SQL tuning.
- Work Management - Manages multiple tasks, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities. Communicates status and estimates clearly and timely to management and team members. Documents extraction methods, SQL coding, and reporting criteria to a level consistent with departmental standards. Conduct SQL peer-reviews as needed. Balances recurring reporting needs by transitioning ad-hoc reports and analysis into supported reporting tools. Perform data profiling and data cleansing tasks and help identify and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Customer Relationship - develops strong relationships with customers to understand business challenges and forge a partnering relationship for problem solving. Offers suggestions for improvement and/or further research into data findings or process issues. Clarifies customer requirements, manages expectations, and enhances business systems credibility, transparency, and partnership within Xcel and its vendors.
- Continuing Education - takes a proactive approach to understanding industry and organization-specific business issues. Participates in structured and self-study training courses. Continually improves technical skills and learns new data sources.
Minimum Requirements for Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
- Bachelor-s degree in Business Administration or Information Technology or combination of education and related work experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Five years of related experience and three years experience required in relational database reporting.
- Ability to understand complex data models, SQL query tools, and Business Objects.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and communicate clearly.
- Must also have experience identifying/developing end-to-end solutions to address changing business needs.
- Solid internal and external network of business and technology professionals at the manager level. Exceptional communication, time management and critical thinking abilities.
Minimum Requirements for Business Intelligence Specialist
- Bachelor-s degree in business, information technology or related field or equivalent experience; Masters degree preferred.
- Ten years of technical expertise with databases, SQL writing and optimization, or developing reporting solutions. Five years of IT systems experience.
- One year of experience working with distributed computing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend innovative BI solutions to support complex business requirements.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, collaboration, problem solving skills, time management and critical thinking abilities.
- A good working knowledge and experience with SAP Business Objects tools, including Web Intelligence, Lumira, Analysis Office, and Design Studio
- Universe Designer (UDT/IDT) development skills
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Bex Query development and SAP BW (HANA knowledge would be a plus)
- Other tool familiarity such as Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint, and SRSS
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.