Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Angola
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Quality Engineer will provide support to the business units by implementing the Oceaneering quality management system & related tools/processes to accelerate business results, reduce COPQ and improve on time delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ's) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Develop processes that are based upon items deemed Critical to Quality (CTQ's), and Critical to Process (CTP's),
- Actively facilitate continuous improvement projects with a cross functional teams. Support execution and activities close out with the team.
- Conduct quality based risk assessments to determine the criticality of activities performed, and the competence of affected employees.
- Review, approve and provide comment on specifications, drawings, plans and procedures.
- Understand when and how to establish requirements of Gage Calibration and perform, validate Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Develop, maintain, ensure implementation and evaluate conformance to inspection and testing plans (ITPs), Incoming Quality Control plan (IQCPs), quality plans.
- Facilitate/support external audits for site certifications verify and distributing work to BU as necessary, internal and external audit
- Provide QA/QC support to all client projects as assigned. Support entails but it is not limited to risk management, quality reporting, audit management and other project related activities.
- Prepare and troubleshoot corrective actions in relation to system related nonconforming events/near hits, adopting promoting and coaching robust root cause methodologies.
- Quantify, and analyze COPQ data and metrics reporting to local and global management.
- Support process monitoring and measurement processes through the development and implementation of statistical process control, where applicable.
- Work closely with Technical Assurance and Program Management to support the establishment of product and process control procedures, as well as quality triggers within the production and/or service process.
- Ensure the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Compile and maintain detailed project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans.
- Compile and maintain detailed client specific Product Inspection & Test Plans
- Serve as Quality representative for client and 3rd party inspection site audits/meetings/visits and coordinate with Quality Control for witnessing a test.
- Utilize the SmartSolve on line system to manage the fundamentals of quality assurance, provides meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Support the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in engineering or technical field, preferably in Quality, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience in Quality Engineering/Continuous Improvement with demonstrable evidence of systems and process improvement
- Must have working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to read, write, and speak Portuguese
- Qualified and competent as a ISO 9001 lead auditor
- Green Belt certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Working Conditions .
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.