Skills: HR - General
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity in our People and Organization function for a Human Resources Business Partner. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and the Vancouver Director, Operations, this position is located in the Vancouver, BC office. The successful candidate will partner with Managers by understanding their people and business needs as well as the company values, culture, challenges and key indicators. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing support to designated Managers as a strategic partner – serving as a member of their team
- Champion company processes by advising on company policies and procedures - overseeing and facilitating employment changes
- Providing coaching and support on all aspects of talent management practices by identifying & addressing training and on-boarding needs and performance management issues; Facilitating processes for performance reviews, development planning, high potential talent, and succession planning
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Obtaining/creating reports to aid in analysis, attending meetings and providing HR updates
- Advising on compensation and incentive decisions using analysis of role, performance, market, & internal structure; Supporting the pay review process
- Initiating and facilitating domestic and international assignments
- Advising on company plans – including retirement, pensions and health and wellness
- Assisting with or taking responsibility for special projects as needed or assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Human Resources Diploma or Degree and 8 - 10 years of work experience including a minimum of 2 years at the HRBP level or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Canadian employment law
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook and Word. Excel proficiency – i.e. formatting spreadsheets, working with formulas, intermediate functions, etc.
- Maturity to handle exposure to and maintain the confidentiality of employee and company information
- Organized and detail oriented; ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client service skills; ability to interact in a positive manner with a variety of personalities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to work in a close team environment with overlapping/shared responsibilities and maintain positive working relationships
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.